Second Life Copybot
Removing your avatar name from Collada.dae files. - Printable Version

+- Second Life Copybot (https://secondlifecopybot.com)
+-- Forum: ★☆ Start Here before doing anything else!! ☆★ (https://secondlifecopybot.com/forum-26.html)
+--- Forum: STEP 3: TUTORIALS (https://secondlifecopybot.com/forum-510.html)
+--- Thread: Removing your avatar name from Collada.dae files. (/thread-12816.html)

Pages: 1 2

Removing your avatar name from Collada.dae files. - VaNiTy - 06-18-2016

If you want to remain anonymous while copybotting be sure to remove your avatar name from the coladda .dae file. You can do this in two easy steps I will describe below.

1. In the image below you avatar name will be in the place that is outlined in red.

[Image: 1466304964_u1o9J5gQuxPWyAh.png]

2. In the image below you can see I chaned the avatar name to the name of the item.

[Image: 1466305074_Ia9FzWWjtLAtdZo.png]

If you wish to remain anonymous please follow these steps.

If you are exporting with an avatar you could careless about, disregard these steps and resume copybotting as usual.

RE: Removing your avatar name from Collada.dae files. - IvaIva81 - 06-19-2016

How did you opened that text?

RE: Removing your avatar name from Collada.dae files. - Flossy - 06-20-2016

(06-19-2016, 03:03 PM)IvaIva81 Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

How did you opened that text?

With any editors. Dae looking like XMl text file :)

RE: Removing your avatar name from Collada.dae files. - CosmicInspector - 09-19-2016

Things must have changed cos I've checked about 6 .xml files now, both linksets and ordinary .xml export types as well as about 6 .dae files. None of the code has anything relating to either of my inworld accounts. I'm using Notepad and its, "find" function... Can someone confirm?

RE: Removing your avatar name from Collada.dae files. - MrNoob - 11-28-2017

I think she is only talking about dad files. I don’t think xml has your personal information

RE: Removing your avatar name from Collada.dae files. - Condoms - 02-08-2018

(11-28-2017, 08:20 PM)MrNoob Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

I think she is only talking about dad files. I don’t think xml has your personal information

.dae files you mean. And actually xml files can contain your avatar key. Sometimes it's best to search for that too.

RE: Removing your avatar name from Collada.dae files. - Starbuck8547 - 02-08-2018

Great advice, thank you!

RE: Removing your avatar name from Collada.dae files. - Birdie - 04-23-2018

Does this still work, with the new Bento exports?

RE: Removing your avatar name from Collada.dae files. - DarkPopsicle - 05-14-2018

Sorry if I am picking up an old thread, but I am a little confuzed since the CB viewers I  use all put in something like " avastar user " for the author/name and never mine? (I use Revelator & Darkstorm).

RE: Removing your avatar name from Collada.dae files. - ColorMeGoon - 05-14-2018

if what is being talked about here is that when you export a dae file from sl it includes the name of the avatar that did the exporting, then i imagine another way of removing the name is to import the dae file into blender and export it right back out again. the would create a new dae file with no possiblity of retaining the avatar name.